Autonomy Virage MediaBin is the advanced and comprehensive solution to index, analyze, categorize, manage, retrieve, process, and distribute all types of digital assets within an organization.
Autonomy Virage MediaBin helps organizations with globally distributed teams to effectively manage, distribute, and publish digital assets used to promote their messaging, products, and brands.
Companies would benefit from higher-impact marketing and communications, greater agility, stronger brand equity, increased team productivity, and the security of knowing valuable corporate assets will be fully leveraged and preserved for the future. By providing self-service access to digital assets, marketing personnel no longer have to spend time fulfilling content requests.
Autonomy Virage MediaBin delivers rapid return on investment and can support implementations scaling up to the largest global enterprises.
Unified Management: a single environment which supports standardized and automated tagging to accelerate search and streamline the creation, management, delivery, and archival of all digital assets.
Intelligent Analytics: leverages Autonomy IDOL to automate manual processes such as metadata tagging, summarization, and categorization.
Next-Gen Rich Media Technology: leverages next generation video and speech analytics technology that extracts concepts to enable cross-referencing with other forms of information.
Effective and Agile Content Reuse: provides secure access to all content for all users. Internal and external teams can collaborate more effectively to improve coordination and productivity in all marketing programs.
Transform and Transcode on the Fly: Multi-threaded transformation task engine can handle large quantities of simultaneous complex transformations involving format conversions, color-space conversions, color adjustments, resolution, cropping, sizing, padding, watermarking, and a wide variety of advanced graphics adjustments that would normally require a user to open an editing application on their desktop.
- browser based system;
- permissions can be defined based on users roles or by folders; search incorporates permissions;
- content can be pulled from CMS such as TeamSite and rendered on the fly;
- each asset has unique ID which is passed over to TeamSite; TeamSite "knows" when there is a different or a new revision. If an asset gets updated in MediaBin, TeamSite gets notified;
- has set of workflows such as approval and review, can define set of rules once assets are approved, they move to publishing area; also includes Process Studio which is the workflow tool and Template which is form builder;
- assets can be uploaded by "drag and drop" and it can be Dragged and Dropped to Teamsite from MediaBin;
- there is no limitation to size of the files;
- upload can be automated for assets to go to specific folders;
- after the download, assets will be preserved for individual users;
- how assets are used is reported in Teamsite;
- can pull content from SharePoint;
- metadata is preserved, it is searchable and indexable.
- content is automatically categorized by asset type and resolution; asset type is recognized on ingest, so no entering metadata is required;
- Teamsite pulls images from MediaBin;
- supports 29 languages;
- ability to link assets together (for example: associated assets) using existing metadata;
- ability to create a taxonomy of assets;
- search includes saved searches, recent searches, both preset and executed searches, custom search;
- ability to search for words in video and then go that place in the video;
- once a user finds content, an action can be taken such as download, send it e-mail, send shortcut to content or add it to light-box which is defined by permissions;
- there is Activity Manager which includes all taken actions and an ability to get to users' tasks.
- eliminates human error and ensures quicker access to content through automatic metadata extraction and accurate search results;
- reduces costs by automating the production, review, and distribution of digital assets;
- encreases efficiency by providing users with self-service access at any time;
- greater speed time-to-market while maintaining accuracy and consistency;
- facilitates quick reuse and re-purposing of images, as well as rapid content creation;
- produces higher-impact marketing and communications, greater agility, and stronger brand consistency;
- increases compliance by security controlled access, complete audit trail, and control of licensed content.